3 Ways to Participate in Global Collaboration Day 2017
Students, teachers and organizations across the world are celebrating Global Collaboration Day today, and all are welcome to attend this virtual event (be sure to get started by registering here). This day is organized by The Global Education Conference Network (@globaledcon), a community of people and organizations who believe in the power of globally connected teaching and learning.
The primary goals of the day are to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, institutions of informal learning and universities around the world, and to share tools, resources and projects that are available to educators today.
This is an opportunity for educators new to globally connected teaching and learning to participate in virtual activities designed by more experienced teachers. It’s also a great way for educators running ongoing global projects to find project partners. Here are three ways to participate in today’s celebration:
1. Join the Global Education Fair. Looking to take your school global? Register for this free, virtual meet and greet for educators and school districts today from 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM CDT to view a variety of global education resources available for your school.
This online event is designed to increase opportunities for collaboration around the globe while supporting initiatives that focus on cultural awareness, global citizenship and equity and diversity in education. In addition, attendees can learn more about tools, services, projects and programs related to globally connected teaching and learning.
2. Join an Event. Experienced global educators and other professionals are hosting connective projects and events they’ve scheduled throughout the day, inviting both educator and student participation (target audience is noted in event descriptions). Events are searchable and are sorted by various categories to help refine choices, so here is how you join one:
- Go to the official Global Collaboration Day site and read the step-by-step directions for joining an event.
- Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and select YOUR time zone to see when the event takes place for you.
- Click on events to expand the information provided and determine if there are events you and/or your students would like to attend or participate in.
- Events at the top of our calendar are all day events and are most likely to be asynchronous projects where you can join in ANYTIME this week.
- Follow the individual host’s directions and contact them directly if you have questions.
3. Participate on Social Media. Share what you already know or are learning at today’s events on Twitter and other social media. Take pictures, share ideas, list resources and such in your posts and tag them #globaled17.
If you are traveling but still want to join in the social fun, download Participate‘s free Twitter Chat tool to monitor all posts with this hashtag as well, and join in on other global education Twitter Chats at any time.
Unable to join today? You can find a collection of global education resources to browse through on Participate’s website any day of the week.
For more, see:
- Global Education For All
- Smart Review | The Global Education Guidebook
- Hot Topics from the Harvard Think Tank on Global Education
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.