Infographic | The Rise of Maker Ed
A google search of “Maker Movement and Education” reveals more than 36 million search results! That’s just one piece of evidence that the Maker Ed Movement is on the rise across formal and informal learning environments. Head to any education conference, talk to any STEAM teacher, ask anyone who tracks innovations in teaching and learning, or check out the new infographic featured below and you’ll be sure to find a lot more.
The new “Rise of Maker Ed” infographic from littleBits and Getting Smart:
- describes how the “Maker Movement” developed into a “Maker Ed Movement;”
- highlights growth in maker events, national conversation, venture capital investment, and global online communities;
- features littleBits as an illustration of the rise in maker tools and resources specifically designed for teachers; and
- provides links to additional resources for joining the Maker Ed movement.
Download the “Rise of Maker Ed” infographic.
Join the active conversation, share your MakerEd resources on social media using #makered and #makeredspace and learn more about littleBits by checking out their education website. Educators get 15% off until December 31, 2015!
For more on Maker Education, check out these popular blogs:
- 8 Tips in Taking on School-Wide Makerspace Leadership
- The Maker Movement: What it Looks Like, Mindsets and Motivation
- Smart List: 34 STEM Networks & Maker Resources
- Building a Common School Vision For Your Makerspace
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.