Getting Smart Podcast | 10 Leaders on High Quality PBL: Doing it Well at Scale
The Buck Institute for Education (BIE) is recognized for setting the Gold Standard for high quality project based learning (PBL).
The Getting Smart team is supporting a coalition of over 100 organizations and people to create guidelines for high quality PBL. At a recent steering committee meeting, we had the chance to speak with ten EdLeaders about the benefits of project-based learning and the challenges to more high quality PBL at scale for this podcast:
The people featured in this podcast are on the steering committee and represent a fraction of the organizations involved in this collaborative project. They are:
- Rick Lear, formerly of New Tech Network, Buck facilitator
- Kaleb Rashad (@kalebrashad), High Tech High
- John Larmer (@JohnLBIE), BIE
- Michelle Armstrong, (@PMIEF), PMI Educational Foundation
- Tony Jackson, (@AsiaSociety), Asia Society
- Megan Pacheco (@NewTechNetwork), New Tech Network
- Rebecca Wolfe (@@rewolfeJFF), Jobs for the Future
- Annmarie Baines (@annmariebaines), Lucas Education
- Valerie Greenhill (@@val_green), EdLeader21
- Jessica Wood (@ELEducation), EL Education
Fascinating dialogue today about the future of #pbl worldwide. Let’s turn it up & get biased toward the DOING! #deeperlearning #edpolicy pic.twitter.com/FxFv1vyCIq
— Dr. Kaleb Rashad (@kalebrashad) January 18, 2017
Andy Calkins of Next Generation Learning Challenges summarized the need: “The risk is that America will do a lot of project-oriented learning — high on engagement and not much else — and congratulate itself, leaving most of the value of richly and complexly built-out PBL on the table.”
You can help. Share your ideas about what’s working and what could improve with #PBL by tagging @Getting_Smart and @BIEpbl on Twitter. We are also accepting guest blogs about high-quality PBL. Please email [email protected] with the title PBL to submit a post and see our guest posting policies.
For more, see:
- What We are Doing to Ensure High-Quality PBL for All
- 35 EdLeaders on Successes and Challenges of Project-Based Learning
- 30 EdLeaders on Successes and Challenges of Project-Based Learning
This podcast and blog are part of the High Quality PBL project. This project is supported by Project Management Institute Educational Foundation (PMIEF) and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. For more, see www.BIE.org and follow @BIEpbl for all the latest news and resources on high-quality project-based learning and use hashtag #ProjectBased or #PBL.
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.