As a design partner, Getting Smart will be excited to share learnings from the experience as this first cohort of change catalysts embark on the flagship journey.
The future of learning is a popular topic on our site, within our team, and a motivator in the work we engage in with partners throughout the world. A large part of this “future” involves innovative design that matches instructional practices that redefine learner experience in every sense of the concept. Along this line of thought, we are excited to share and celebrate Microsoft’s recent launch of its Flagship Schools program. This fall – 17 schools throughout the world will embark on a collaborative journey to “transform education from the ground up.”
With a foundation of 12—thoughtfully designed—tenets, that align with the K12 Education Transformation Framework, the Flagship Schools program will deliver a collaborative learning experience to “design, develop and deliver” new learning models, with ground up learning spaces that will accelerate holistic integrity of each model. While each participant will maintain autonomy in the design of their outcome, this inaugural cohort of schools will share insights and learning grounded in a shared philosophy of transforming learning. Armed with a common mission to better serve each learning community, Getting Smart is excited to embark on this journey as a design and deeper learning thought partner.
The inaugural cohort of Flagship Schools will include;
- University of Central Florida, Florida, USA
- Asten College, Cairo, Egypt
- St Catherine’s British School, Athens, Greece
- Colegio Tomas Alva Edison, Mendoza, Argentina
- Sri KDU International School, Klang, Malaysia
- Inner City North State Secondary College, Queensland, Australia
- Bertha Park High School, Perth, Scotland
- Monio High School, Tuusula, Finland
- IB Campus, HdWM, Mannheim, Germany
- Chicureo Pioneers’ Academy, Colina, Región Metropolitana Chile
- Smart Learning School, Cairo, Egypt
- Baocheng 39th District Nine-years School, Baoan District Shenzhen, China
- Whyalla Secondary School, Department for Education, South Australia
- NMS Graz – St. Leonhard, Graz, Austria
- Ministry for Education and Employment, Malta
- AQARAT, Dubai, UAE
- Renton Prep, Washington, USA
Full announcement blog can be found here.
For more, see:
- Better Together: Why Networks Are the Future of Learning
- League of Innovative Schools: A Network Creating the Future of Learning
- The Future of Learning Is…
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.