10 EdTech Resource Lists for Teachers
By Jessica Carrell
Having worked as a teacher for years, I am impressed by how rapidly technology is changing classroom teaching and learning experience.
Countless EdTech tools have been created to make educators’ lives easier, and I’m excited to see the even more innovative and intelligent products that will be developed, even as soon as in the next year.
For example, last year EdTech Magazine reviewed a few trends like Virtual Reality (VR), 3D printing and wearable devices that could affect classrooms in both K–12 and higher education—and in reality it’s already happening.
However two things surprise me while browsing the internet looking for resources:
- I can’t find many practical EdTech resource lists for teachers.
- Many of the tools and resources out there are often outdated.
So I decided to create my own list. Here is a helpful collection of resources I created for other teachers to reference when looking for recommendations around the following:
EdTech Blogs: Follow like-minded peers who share their thoughts about EdTech and continue to be sources of inspiration for us all.
- The 2016 Honor Roll: EdTech’s Must-Read K-12 IT Blogs – [EdTech Magazine]
- A Daily Ranking of Education Blogs – [Teach.com]
- 60 Educational Technology Blogs to Keep You Inspired and Informed
EdTech Books: Read some of the greatest books related to EdTech and education in general.
- 16 Books Educators Should Consider Reading in 2016 – [Education Week]
- 15 Books That Will Make You A Better Teacher – [BuzzFeed]
- 20 Excellent Education & EdTech Books for Your Essential Summer Reading List
Events & Conferences: Attend these upcoming events (including these can’t missed edu conferences) to keep up with the latest EdTech trends and new classroom innovations.
- K-12 Edtech Conferences You Need To Know For 2016-2017 – [EdSurge]
- 25 Can’t Miss Edu Conferences – [Getting Smart]
- The Best Apps For Finding Events – [TechCrunch]
Forums, Q&A Websites: Network with other teachers by posting questions and helping others in the world’s best yet active forums and Q&A sites.
- Quora – the most popular question-and-answer website.
- Reddit – a supportive community for teachers.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums – for teachers to interact and share ideas about education.
- ProTeacher – a community of school teachers working in grades PreK-8.
Mobile Apps: Get a list of handy apps to boost your productivity, all recommended by teachers.
- 25 Awesome Apps for Teachers – [TED-Ed Blog]
- 21 Helpful Apps for Teachers and Educators – [Digital Trends]
- Teacher Recommended: 50 Favorite Classroom Apps – [KQED News]
- 50 Great Apps for Teachers – [The Washington Post]
Online Teaching Platforms: Take courses online by leveraging popular technology platforms.
- Choosing An Online Learning Platform: Which Makes Sense?
- 8 Online Teaching Platforms That Will Make You Want to Teach Online
- 6 Free Platforms for Teaching Online – [Open Education Database]
Social Media Communities: Join interactive EdTech social media groups and communities and stay connected with other teachers.
- 14 Great Facebook Groups Every Teacher Should Know About
- The 10 Twitter Hashtags All Teachers Should Follow – [Noodle]
- 10 Growing Google+ Communities In Education – [TeachThought]
- The Best Linkedin Groups for Education Professionals
Software & Web Tools: Find the tools you can use to make teaching more effective and efficient.
- 50 Free Tech Tools For Your Classroom – [simpleK12]
- EdTech Our Way: Piktochart’s Favorite Tips and Tricks for Classroom Tech
- 20 Must-use Education Technology Tools – [The Huffington Post]
- 321 Free Educational Technology Tools for Teachers – [eLearning Industry]
Videos & Podcasts: Subscribe to these great YouTube and podcast channels and be inspired by industry experts.
- Great YouTube Channels for Teachers – [Milken Educator Awards]
- 5 ED Tech Podcasts You Should Listen to – [Education Dive]
- 17 Inspirational Videos to Help Remind You Why You Teach
- How to Create and Share Your Own Videos and Podcasts – [ISTE]
Other Useful Resources: A list of miscellaneous useful resources for teachers.
- 50 EdTech Infographics – [Edtech Digest]
- 15+ Ways of Teaching Every Student to Code – [Edutopia]
- 9 Ed Tech Trends to Watch in 2016 – [Campus Technology]
I hope you find these links helpful. You can also find this full resource guide here. If you come across an article that you think should be featured, feel free to let me know in the comments below!
For more, see:
- Top 5 Ways Teachers Can Incorporate EdTech into the Classroom
- 6 EdTech Tools for Modernizing Assessment
- 7 Game-Changer EdTech Tools to Personalize you Classroom
Jessica Carrell is a teacher and co-founder at AnySoftwareTools. Follow her on Twitter: @jessicacarrell1.
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.