As you begin gearing up for the 2015 iNACOL Blended and Online Learning Symposium on November 8-11, we want to make sure you know about some new and exciting opportunities being offered that you’ll definitely want to add to your “must-do” list.
Haven’t registered yet? No problem! Register today for the education industry’s leading K-12 online, blended and competency-based event.
This year’s theme is “Connecting Powerful Innovators” and these new features will help you do just that:
The iNACOL Voices Hub is an interactive, creative center for capturing your thoughts, telling your story and sharing your ideas. Participants are invited to collaborate with iNACOL and Getting Smart staff in live podcasting and live blogging. Simply bring an open perspective and willingness to engage and share.
Blogs and podcasts will be catalogued and potentially selected for visibility on GettingSmart.com, iNACOL.org, The Huffington Post, Medium and Education Week. We can’t wait to amplify your voices and to share the work you are doing!
How To Participate
- Whenever you have some time to spare, plan to visit the Voices Hub in Asia 3 and share your thoughts on everything from your favorite session at the Symposium so far to the challenges you hope to solve at your job with event takeaways.
- Sign up in the podcasting area of the Voices Hub to speak in the popup studio to record and possibly become a part of upcoming Getting Smart podcast episodes on Symposium topics. Open podcasting schedule:
- Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Space will be provided for attendees to blog with easy-to-use templates.
- Share your experience on social media with the hashtag #iNACOL2015 and invite others to join in the fun.
P2P Exchanges are practitioner-to-practitioner “unconference” breakout sessions based on topics of interest in an open, informal way. P2P Exchanges will create additional opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and collaboration, creating an additional opportunity to connect with powerful innovators.
Ideas for P2P Exchanges will be compiled both in advance and on the spot during the Symposium, and a few of the pre-set P2P Exchanges include:
- Building a blended learning community
- EdCamps and the changing face of PD and PLNs
- Nuts and Bolts of moving from innovation to practice
- Teacher-driven virtual professional learning
- Twitter…the new teachers’ lounge
- Google tools for special needs
- Researcher chat
- Minecraft hands-on lab
- Personalized learning for English language learners
- Assessments for Learning
All P2P Exchange sessions will be held on Monday, November 9 and Tuesday, November 10. The P2P Exchanges board, which displays the times and locations of P2P Exchanges, will be located across from the Registration counters.
Each day, iNACOL will open the P2P Exchanges and conclude with a recap session inviting attendees to share what they’ve learned, created, and discussed. The conference app and a shared folder will curate artifacts and resources from all sessions.
How To Participate
- Use this form to share your ideas, topics or questions for P2P Exchanges.
- Help us tweet: #iNACOL2015, @nacol, @iNACOLmembers
- In Orlando, find the P2P Exchanges board to browse ideas, post a session to lead or organize a group on any topic of interest.
Download the iNACOL Symposium app!
Never miss a beat at the 2015 Symposium with the free mobile app! Attendees can download this app prior to the conference as a way to connect with other attendees, plan sessions and retrieve resources. This online community will be available both during and after the conference for your benefit. Here are a few of the features:
- Social networking with educational experts of similar interest.
- Access to presentations and other materials provided by presenters.
- Webcast recordings of all general sessions (added post-conference).
- Video and audio recordings of selected sessions.
- Integration with other social media platforms using hashtag #iNACOL2015.
- Technical assistance with the app at the Zerista booth (near Registration).
How To Participate:
- Create an account online through the Zerista website. As a Symposium attendee, you will receive an email inviting you to register.
- Once you are a registered user, you can download and use the app from the iTunes or Google Play stores.
Check out more on iNACOL:
- Connecting to Powerful Innovators: iNACOL Symposium 2015
- Blended Learning Credit Recovery: Best Practices from iNACOL
- iNACOL: Leading the Learning Revolution
iNACOL is a Getting Smart Advocacy Partner.
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.