Smart List: Coding & Computer Science, Assessment & Data Resources
Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the second annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today, while we’re in Palm Springs at #iNACOL14, we’re celebrating coding, computer science and data resources.
Coding & Computer Science
- Code.org: start here for coding resources
- BLOC: learn by building/deploying code *
- CodeHS: great high school course *
- CodeAcademy: after school program
- Exploring Computer Science: NSF funded
- Khan Academy: growing computer science library
- Project Lead the Way: new pilot academy
- P2PU: open resources and bading
- Scratch: designed for ages 8 to 16
- TopCoder: coding competitions
Assessment & Data Shops
- MasteryConnect: where teachers share assessments *
- Naiku: next generation classroom assessment solution
- BrightBytes: measure tech-enabled learning outcomes *
- Pearson Knowledge Technologies: automated scoring & solutions #
- Curriculum Associates, i-Ready: K-12 adaptive assessment & instruction #
- Education Strategy Consulting: cool visualization tools
- Metametrics: the Lexile & Quantile folks
- Cognii: automatic assessment of students’ essay answers
- LightSide: automated essay grader (part of Turnitin)
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and non-profit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.