Smart List: 30 STEM Networks & Maker Resources
Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the second annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we are celebrating ten great state STEM networks, ten STEM networks and resources and ten maker resources.
State STEM Networks
- Educate Texas: public-private network of 7 T-STEM Centers and 60+ Academies
- Ohio STEM Learning Network: anchored by Battelle and Metro, a great Columbus STEM school.
- NC STEM Learning Network: a strong statewide collaborator in NC New Schools
- California STEM Learning Network
- Science Foundation Arizona: Arizona STEM Network
- Washington STEM: 7 regional STEM networks
- Tennessee STEM Innovation Network
- Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council
- South Carolina’s Coalition for Mathematics & Science
- Empire State STEM Learning Network: 10 regional networks
STEM Networks & Resources
- Project Lead the Way: 4700 middle and high schools (see Getting Smart feature)
- National Academy Foundation: 460 high schools (see Getting Smart feature)
- New Tech Network: 160 schools (see Getting Smart feature)
- National Math and Science Initiative: pre-AP curriculum and training and more
- UTeach Institute: fast track STEM teacher preparation
- Engineering is Elementary: great K-5 STEM content
- STEM Connector: a place for advocates to connect online
- Digital Harbor Foundation: urban tech center (see Getting Smart feature on Baltimore)
- Exploratorium: learning lab on Pier 15 in San Francisco
- NASA Education: amazing amount of learning resources
- Maker Education Initiative: start your search here
- Maker Faire: a string of big show and tell events
- Arduino: open-source electronics prototyping platform
- DIY: place for kids to share what they do *
- ModKit: democratization programming and engineering
- Rasberry Pi: teaches kids all over the world to learn programming
- Lego Mindstorms: build and program robots
- MakerBot: global leader in desktop in 3D printing
- AgentSheets: game design
- Imagination Foundation: host of the Global Cardboard Challenge**
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and non-profit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Not sure how BetterLesson.com didn't make this list! BetterLesson has Master Science Teachers K-12 writing NGSS aligned curriculum and publishing it for free on the site with reflections, videos, and all resources. Check it out!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.