STEM-related Tech Tools from Edshelf
Teaching STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) is a growing concern. And there is an increasing number of tools being developed to cover these subjects. This past week, we enjoyed a surge of STEM-related submissions. Here are six notable tools that were recently added.
- littleBits – There is an emerging category of educational STEM products: Do-It-Yourself Kits. Like motorized LEGOs, they are building blocks that feed the brain.
- Roominate – Of the Do-It-Yourself Kits out there, this is the first that focuses on girls with its wired dollhouses. Boys can play with it too, of course!
- Sector 33 – Want to show your students real world math? They can become air traffic controllers and solve math problems with this game from NASA.
- Science360 – You & your students can look at actual science images & video taken by the US National Science Foundation with this app.
- Sugar Shake – What better way to learn how molecules interact than by shaking your iPad and seeing the collisions happen? Clever and fun.
- 3D Cell Simulation and Stain Tool – To continue with the visual, hands-on theme here, this app lets students view, manipulate, and stain virtual cells.
Edshelf is a great place to share, categorize and apply educational apps, mobile or web. Sign up and join an active community of educators integrating technology into the classroom in meaningful and powerful ways!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.