The Data Quality Campaign released “Using Data To Improve Teacher Effectiveness” this July, a policy brief targeting the way data analysis can be used to improve teacher effectiveness, professional development and student outcomes.
According to the brief, implementing an effective statewide practice addressing teacher quality must include the following five policies:
- Collecting and linking key data on students and teachers
- Implementing policies necessary to suport a data link
- Providing educators with access to data
- Ensuring that educators receive appropriate training, and
- Implementing state policies to ensure teacher preparation and professional development.