At its core Nalukai is about belonging and turning learning from passive to active.
Are you interested in attending one of the field’s largest gatherings of K-12 education innovators? The Aurora Institute Symposium 2023 promises community, lessons about education innovation from the field, and the latest research and policy to support education transformation. Find out more here.
On this episode of the Getting Smart Podcast Tom Vander Ark is joined by Nalukai program director Aaron Schorn and a high school student Sherry Jiang from Kealakehe high school.
The Nalukai Academy Startup Camp is a ten-day intensive entrepreneurship, technology, and design camp for high school students The camp covers a multitude of different subject areas with real-world applications, such as management, digital storytelling, design thinking, and large-scale digital projects. Campers at Nalukai are driven, clever, and innovative.
- Digital storytelling – branding & marketing, content creation, web design
- Leadership – project management, collaboration, team dynamics
- Entrepreneurship – networking, investor pitches, business plan development
- Design thinking – prototyping, mind-mapping, iteration
- Technology – coding, web development, digital business tools