Acknowledging racism and inequality were designed acknowledges there was intent AND acknowledges the possibility for change.
Wellness and mindfulness practices are core to the leadership styles needed today.
On this episode of the Getting Smart Podcast Tom Vander Ark is joined by Caroline Hill, a Washington DC based education entrepreneur and founder of 228 Accelerator. Caroline also is the creator of the equityXdesign framework, a way of building on design thinking and other design processes to ensure human-centered and equitable practices.
Let’s listen in as Tom and Caroline discuss the importance of mindfulness and wellness for leaders, what drives innovation, reimagining black history month, redesigning oppressive systems and much more.
- 4.0 Schools
- 228 Accelerator
- equityXdesign Paper
- Black Next-Story Month
- Somatic Breathing
- Ken Kay and Yong Zhao on Portrait of a Graduate
One voice that helped shape your thinking
- Caroline’s parents. Instilled the power of education
Two insights for edleaders
- The importance of starting with empathy and relationship.
- Equity doesn’t just happen, we must be intentional.
One additional insight
- Remember that the systems can and need to be redesigned.