EdTech has given (and continues to give) educators the ability to re-imagine the learning experience for their students in new, innovative ways. From expanding teachers’ capacity to personalize learning in their classroom, to enabling schools and districts to manage and monitor the progress of students in project-based environments, to allowing students to connect remotely with others and learn from a variety of locations and with a variety of counterparts, thoughtful EdTech usage is enabling more powerful learning experiences for students across the nation.
Today is Digital Learning Day, a day that brings us together to recognize practices that effectively use technology to strengthen students’ learning experiences. “It emphasizes high-quality instruction and provides access to challenging content, feedback through formative assessment, opportunities for learning anytime and anywhere, and individualized instruction to ensure all students reach their full potential to succeed in college and a career.”
How are you planning on celebrating? Here are a few resources and ideas for you:
- Learn More. If you’ve never participated in Digital Learning Day before or you’re in need of a little inspiration for this year, visit the official website for more information. Learn about events happening and register to watch the Digital Learning Day Webinar.
- Register Your Event. You can register your event and add it to the map showing all the places around the world that are celebrating Digital Learning Day.
- Find Resources. Check out DLD’s list of online resources that’ll help you get your foot in the door with a collection of digital tools and lesson plans.
- Plan Digital Lessons. You can view several short videos produced by educators sharing ideas on fun interactive lessons to implement with their favorite digital tools.
- Join The Buzz. Be sure to follow @OfficialDLDay on Twitter for updates and ideas on how you can celebrate and participate or find them @DigitalLearningDay on Facebook. Additionally, share your pictures and stories on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. Use the hashtags #DLDay and #DLDayLive. There are even some fun graphics that you can use in your messages here!
For some further reading and resources to help you get excited for Digital Learning Day, see:
- The Shift to Digital Education: Four Hallmarks for Digital Learning Success
- Education Technology is a Global Opportunity
- Virtual Reality in the Classroom is Becoming the New Norm
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.