This week’s round-up of top edtech stories is rich with announcements regarding new tools for schools to explore this spring or summer and to put to work in the fall. We’re excited to see several examples that rest firmly in the “wow, it’s cool to be a learner in 2016” category! Check out other items in the list that acknowledge that the tools are just one part of the equation.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. Google Eyes the Edtech Prize
@Google is about to launch its own VR platform.
— Tom Vander Ark (@tvanderark) May 20, 2016
2. Deeper Learning Dive
3. Machine Learning Contest
— Emily Liebtag (@EmilyLiebtag) May 24, 2016
4. Alternative Higher Ed Guidebook
5. College and Career Readiness
— Caroline Vander Ark (@cvanderark) May 25, 2016
Dollars & Deals
6. Kicking Up Funding
7. Kid Power
Higher, Deeper, Further, Faster Learning
8. Competency Based Credentials
9. Promising Personalized Learning Policies
The Big “D”
10. Two Education Data Announcements:
Our friends at VIF International Education shared a big announcement, too:
— Dave Potter (@GlobalReady) May 25, 2016
For more see:
- EdTech 10: Taking a HigherEd Path
- EdTech 10: Measure Twice, Learn Once
- EdTech 10: Have You Thanked a Teacher This Week?
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.