Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the 3rd Annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we’re recognizing music and art apps and resources.
- Chromatik: Learn music *
- Udemy: Biggest online learning marketplace has lots of art & music *
- BBC Learning – Music: Free resources and online courses
- Juilliard eLearning: Online music courses powered by Connections Education#
- Lessonface: Live, face-to-face music lessons taught over live video
- TakeLessons: Thoughtful student and teacher matching
- Zoen: Live music lessons
- Berklee Shares: Collection of free music lessons from Berklee Online
- ArtistWorks: Makers of the Video Exchange Learning Platform
- Nord Anglia Education: Alongside Juilliard, creators of performing arts curricula
- Musika: Independent music teachers create personalized lessons for students on a variety of instruments
- Lynda: Great place to learn photoshop, illustrator, and many more apps
- PicsArt: Free photo app and drawing tool- partnering with OLPC
- Google Art Project: Visit many art museums around the world
- drawspace: Comprehensive drawing site
- Smarthistory: Khan Academy’s Art History site
- MIT OpenCourseware: lots of art and music courses
- MoMA Courses Online: modern and contemporary art, anytime, anywhere
- Thrive: video-based online classroom where kids develop creativity and confidence
- LA Academy of Figurative Art: Online self study classes
- Tumblr: Rich user-generated content, find inspiration
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and nonprofit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.