Smart List: Coding & Computer Science, Assessment & Data Resources
Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the 3rd Annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we’re celebrating coding, computer science and data resources.
Coding & Computer Science
- Code.org: Start here for coding resources
- See Avondale curriculum guide (and feature)
- BLOC: Learn by building/deploying code *
- CodeHS: Great high school course *
- Codecademy: After school program
- Exploring Computer Science: NSF funded
- Khan Academy: Growing computer science library
- Project Lead the Way: New pilot academy
- P2PU: Open resources and bading
- Scratch: Designed for ages 8 to 16
- TopCoder: Coding competitions
- Rasberry Pi: Teaches kids all over the world to learn programming
- MasteryConnect: Where teachers share assessments *
- Naiku: Next generation classroom assessment solution
- Curriculum Associates, i-Ready: K-12 adaptive assessment & instruction #
- NWEA: Adaptive assessment (see feature)
- Scantron: Formative and interim assessments
- Pearson Knowledge Technologies: Automated scoring & solutions #
- Metametrics: The Lexile & Quantile folks
- Cognii: Automatic assessment of students’ essay answers
- LightSide: Automated essay grader (part of Turnitin)
- Pearson Knowledge Technologies: automated scoring & solutions #
- ETS Criterion: online writing evaluation
- SAS Writing Reviser: free tools from SAS#
- BrightBytes: measure tech-enabled learning outcomes *
- Education Strategy Consulting: cool visualization tools
- Civitas Learning: business intelligence for higher education
For more Smart Lists, check out:
- Smart List: 34 STEM Networks & Maker Resources
- Smart List: 40 Innovation Investors
- Smart List: 30 Next-Gen Literacy, Language & Math Resources
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and nonprofit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.