Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the 3rd Annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we are recognizing 30 providers of smart content.
Smart Literacy Content
- Literacy Design Collaborative: Template-based approach to writing across the curriculum#
- Scholastic Read 180: Widely used secondary literacy accelerator
- Compass Learning Odyssey: K-12 content powered by NWEA MAPS
- LearnZillion.com: PD videos for teachers
- NoRedInk.com: Better grammar
- NewsELA: News as literacy
- StudySync: Critical thinking about great literature
- Storybird.com: Create, read, and share visual stories
- Achieve 3000: Online differentiated instruction
- Edmentum Reading Suite: K-12 solutions
- Rosetta Stone: Leader in language learning
- WeSpeke: Real conversations; IP from Carnegie Mellon
- Middlebury Interactive Languages: Powers K12 language courses
- Duolingo: Solid free resource (mostly European languages)
- Voxy: Learn English on the move
- Busuu: Vocabulary and phrases supported by dialogues
- Foreign Services Institute: Language learning materials for free personal use
- Florida Virtual School: Full range of online language courses
- Pimsler: Simon & Schuster’s comprehensive language catalog
- Verbling: Making language learners fluent faster *
- Presence Learning: Online speech therapy
Adaptive & Game-Based Math
- ST Math from MIND Research Institute: Visual game-based K-8 math #
- DreamBox Learning: Adaptive K-8 math #
- CompassLearning Odyssey: Adaptive when powered by NWEA MAPS #
- Curriculum Associates, i-Ready: K-12 adaptive K-8 instruction in reading & math #
- Mangahigh.com: Middle grade math games *
- ALEKS: Adaptive secondary and postsecondary math
- Motion Math: Elementary math games for iPad
- Carnegie Learning: Middle & high school math
- Reasoning Mind: Adaptive middle grade math
- Scholastic Math 180: Secondary math intervention program #
Check out Smart Lists: 30 Ways to Learn Almost Anything for open resources for K-12, postsecondary and anytime learning resources.
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and nonprofit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.