We need to stop thinking about school as a performance zone.
It is important to feel like you are a part of a learning community.
On this episode of the Getting Smart Podcast, Shawnee Caruthers is joined by Eduardo Briceño, speaker, author and facilitator. His new book, The Performance Paradox: Turning the Power of Mindset into Action, was selected as a “Must-Read” by the Next Big Idea Club, which is curated by Susan Cain, Malcolm Gladwell, Adam Grant, and Dan Pink. This conversation unpacks what happens when we stay in cycles of performance rather than growth and learning.
- Eduardo Briceño
- The Performance Paradox
- How to Get Better at the Things you Care About (TED)
Articles by Eduardo:
- Growth Mindset Parenting (gettingsmart.com)
- Learning and performance: how to help students get in the zone | Teacher Network | The Guardian
- Growth Mindset: Clearing up Some Common Confusions | KQED
- Response: ‘Growth Mindset Starts With Us, Not With Them’ (Opinion) (edweek.org)
- Growth Mindset and Testing: What We Can Learn From The Hunger Games | EDU (scholastic.com)
- Mindsets and Student Agency – Aurora Institute (aurora-institute.org)
- Mistakes Are Not All Created Equal – Growth Mindset Blog & Newsletter (mindsetworks.com)
- Math Horizon’s Aftermath: Embrace Mistakes (horizonsaftermath.blogspot.com)
- Effort, Grit or Insanity? – Growth Mindset Blog & Newsletter (mindsetworks.com)
- Eduardo Briceño: How to get better at the things you care about | TED Talk
- Growth mindset for a more empathetic and collaborative world – Growth Mindset Blog & Newsletter (mindsetworks.com)