We’ll give you one more week before we use the words “Back To School” in a sentence, but consider yourselves warned. We’re probably not the only ones seeing big displays of spiral notebooks and No. 2 pencils at our favorite stores.
Suffice it to say, the end of summer is probably closer than we all want it to be. Before you turn the page on our bullet journals to August, check out the top ten edtech news items from the last week of July.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. Blended Learning Pathways
— iNACOL (@nacol) July 26, 2016
2. New Canvas Interface
3. EdSurge Launches HigherEd DLN
— EdSurge (@EdSurge) July 22, 2016
4. New K-12 Inc. Merit-Based Scholarship
5. Words With Friends: EDU Version
— Zynga (@zynga) July 26, 2016
Here are an additional 10 education apps to check out as well.
Dollars & Deals
6. EverFi Acquisitions
7. Out Of This World 3-D Printing
— Mouser Electronics (@MouserElec) July 25, 2016
Higher, Deeper, Further, Faster Learning
8. HigherEd CBE Report
9. Online College Students Preferences Report
Here’s a blog on 15 highered student personas that can help navigate student preferences.
10. Digital Campus Expansion
— Tom Vander Ark (@tvanderark) July 25, 2016
- Do You Have A Blended Learning Department? You Should.
- Getting to Know Stuart Udell: Q&A with New K12 Inc CEO
- Looking Under the Hood
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.