Smart List: 30 Organizations Boosting College Access & Success
Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the 3rd Annual Smart Lists. This fall you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we’re recognizing 30 organizations building college awareness, preparation and completion.
College Awareness & Success
- College Success Foundation: Supports and scholarships, DC & WA
- ConnectEDU: Supporting pathways from school to college to career
- Big Future: College planning from College Board
- Envictus: College and career awareness system
- National College Transition Network: Supports college transitions programs
- Choose Your Future from Chicago Public Schools
- National Association for College Admission Counseling: 13,000 counselors
- Gear Up: Department of Education’s early awareness program
- College Navigator from the Department of Education
- Beyond 12: Academic and social supports for college completion
- uAspire: Financial aid advice
- Families in Schools: Helps families explore college options
- Complete College America: Work with states to boost college completion
- The Bottom Line: College access and success
- Princeton Review: Find the best school
- College Summit: Turning 180 high schools into college and career launchpads,
- National College Advising Corps: Placing college advisors in high school Chapel Hill
- The Opportunity Network: Career awareness, college advising, NYC
- The Posse Foundation: Leadership development & college access, 9 cities
- OneGoal: 3 year college prep program in Chicago & Houston
- iMentor: Mentors promoting high school and college graduation
- College Forward: Advising and test prep, Houston
- Genesys Works: Internships and college prep, 4 cities
- Juma Ventures: Youth development and college preparation
- 10,000 Degrees: Awareness, access, giving back
- College Track: Support from middle school through college
- College Spring: Helping low income students prep for and apply to college
- College Possible: 2 year coaching on college access
- Summer Search: Mentoring, advising, and supporting college success
- Strive for College Collaborative: Mentors help students make best college choices
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and non-profit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.