ST Math Demonstrates Positive Results at Las Vegas Elementary Schools
Clark County School District released Tuesday positive results from a five-year pilot with MIND Research Institute’s ST Math, a visual learning math game.
MIND has seen dramatic results across the country with ST Math. This week, MIND joined school officials to recognize Sewell Elementary and Henderson Elementary schools for achievements in math.
Sewell saw an eight percent jump in percentage points in math proficiency and Henderson, which has a 60 percent poverty rate, saw a 14 percent jump. ST Math successfully engaged students in the math concepts, a subject matter that is difficult for many students.
Andrew Coulson, MIND’s president of education, told Las Vegas Sun that ST Math goes beyond putting a textbook on a computer and instead delivers a transformational learning environment that improves math comprehension. Leveraging technologies like ST Math reduces the achievement gap.
For more, view the following:
- “Schools seeing improvement in math scores as students play video game” by Paul Takahashi at the Las Vegas Sun
- “Students Jump Ahead With Math Software” by Natalie Cullen at 8 News Now
- “C.T. Sewell Elementary honored for achievements in math” by Molly Waldron at ABC 13 Action News
- “Local elementary ‘Rising Star’ in math” by Craig Huber at Fox 5 News Las Vegas
- “Improving scores propel Henderson school to honor” by Matt Gruillermo at Fox 5 News Las Vegas
MIND is a Getting Smart Advocacy Partner.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.