3 Blogs, 3 Resources & 3 Sources
Saw/heard some interesting stuff today. Here’s 3 blog, 3 resources, and 3 sources.
- I Want to Teach Forever, Tom DeRosa’s blog (Chief of Staff at IDEA network in TX valley)
- 21st Century Collaborative: blog site exploring, creating and modeling global connections as a powerful means to improving teaching and learning in the 21st Century.
- Cooperative Catalyst: Passionate educators challenge one another to propose sustainable solutions and structures for re-imagining schools and education, supporting one another to enact and refine the ideas.
- CSM-Core Skills Mastery: wonky workforce skill builder that may have effective instructional engine
- Common Core: rich instructional units that packed with OER could be cheap and effective
- k12 Open Ed: Karen built a dictionary for tagging OER to the Core (somebody had to)
3 great sources
- Matt Miller doing the DR show on MSNBC with Joel Klein
- Public Impact on how great teachers make a difference, why current efforts to develop more will fall short, and how we should leverage the great teachers we have with schools that blend online and onsite learning
- Dropout Nation: Rishawn Biddle keeps getting better
Thanks for the responses to OER Jobs and contracting opportunities. I’m excited about the potential of better organizing open content libraries and creating engaging secondary schools in the coming year.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.