Agency is noticing, recognizing and choosing how to respond.
Agency is empty without the skills to do it.
On this episode of the Getting Smart Podcast, Nate McClennen is joined by Derek Wenmoth, Founder of Futuremakers, teacher, principal, distance educator and educational policy adviser in New Zealand and internationally. He’s also joined by Annette Thompson, Chief Executive Officer at Inquire Innovation and, previously, an elementary school teacher and principal for 37 years. She was named Arkansas Elementary Principal of the Year and an NAESP National Distinguished Principal in 2017. Together, Derek and Annette were two of the four co-authors of Agency By Design, a new playbook supported by the Aurora Institute, Future Makers and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Research on Agency
- Agency By Design Playbook
- Annette Thompson Site
- Derek Wenmoth Site
- Derek Wenmoth LinkedIn
- Annette Thompson LinkedIn
- Students at the Centre Publication
- Shelly Poage
- John Tyson Elementary
- Dr. Jim D Rollins Elementary School of Innovation
- AI Australia Framework
- Transcend Education
- Orly Friedman Getting Smart Podcast
- Red Bridge School
- Futuremakers blog on the Australian AI Framework
- Futuremakers Learner Agency
- The Motivation, Engagement and Student Voice workbook