Creating accessible higher education starts with putting yourself in the shoes of the learner.
Training faculty as advising, small groups of advisees, full-time social workers, career services, college transfer and wrap around support services.
On this episode of the Getting Smart Podcast Tom Vander Ark is joined by Steve Katsouros, founder and CEO of the Come To Believe Network, an inclusive and accessible college model.
The network was inspired by the success of Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago which has been recognized as a national model for increasing the college graduation rates for low-income students of color.
Let’s listen in as they discuss access, scale, accreditation, affordability and more.
- Come to Believe: How the Jesuits Are Reinventing Education (Again)
- Arrupe College
- Come to Believe Network
- Stig Leschly on Innovating Within Higher Education
1 person who shaped your thinking
- Undocumented student who is now a Special Ed teacher in CPS.
2 insights from your work for edleaders
- It is important and possible to have affordable higher education offers.
- Educators and advisory staff must prioritize supporting students’ journeys above all us.
1 additional insight
- Be bold.