On this Getting Smart Town Hall we’re entering the metaverse… or at least, we’re talking about it. Chances are, you’ve seen a lot about the metaverse in the last six months. You’ve also probably heard a lot of other terms at the same time… NFTs, block chain, crypto, Web 3. We’re hosting this town hall to talk through what these terms mean and, more specifically, what they mean for the future of learning.
We’ll explore some of the following questions:
- Is the metaverse technically on “earth”?
- How far away is this from being a reality?
- What does this mean for teaching and learning?
- What about equity and accessibility?
- What about the power of place?
Much of this will be speculation and hypothesis but we can’t wait to have you along for the journey through realities old, new and imagined.