In order to go forward, first you have to go backward and reflect on where you’ve been and what you learned from your journey.
For example, we’ve had several great podcasts recently with EdLeaders such as Ginny Edwards, who reflects on what she has witnessed in the past thirty years as the editor of EdWeek; or Mike Feinberg, who reflects on hard-won lessons learned for opening great #NewSchools. We also heard reflections from students, parents and educators at BIE’s PBL World on how PBL has changed their lives.
It’s past experiences like these that inspire the innovations that keep education moving in the right direction for the future, as the ten stories in this week’s list show.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. Blended Learning Database
— ChristensenInstitute (@ChristensenInst) August 9, 2016
We recently noted 6 Common Misconceptions About Blended Learning.
2. Digital Lessons To Go
3. Streamlined Class Rosters
— IMS Global Learning (@LearningImpact) August 3, 2016
Dollars & Deals
4. $144M to Improve College Readiness
Readiness is good as we recently shared in the blog College Degrees More Important Than Ever.
5. $50M for Kaltura
— Tom Vander Ark (@tvanderark) August 9, 2016
6. Student Support System Viridis raises $3.2M
For more on learner relationship management, see our post on Fidelis.
7. STEM VR For Special Needs Students
— zSpace (@zSpace) August 5, 2016
Higher, Deeper, Further, Faster Learning
8. 35 New OER Courses
And check out the new free sims and interactives on CK-12. #GoOpen!
9. New Student-Centered Learning Blog Series
— iNACOL (@nacol) August 3, 2016
Movers, Shakers & Groundbreakers
10. 100+ Join Summit PS Basecamp
- 3 Factors to Consider on Your Back-to-School EdTech Hunt
- How Your Next Freshman Class Will Expect Personalized Learning
- Successful Content Curation Strategies in Higher Education
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.