10 Conversations at COSN
The COSN conference is underway in Washington DC. School district edtech directors find themselves in a very dynamic situation these days. Here’s 10 of session and hallway conversation topics from yesterday:
- Doing 1:1 right: lessons from Mooresville and Australia.
- Blended learning school models: scalable solutions that work better and don’t cost more.
- Funding the transition to digital learning: how state and district budgets need to change to provide access to every student and implement blended school models.
- Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) to School: there is growing interest in BYOD but some tablet for all advocates don’t think it’s worth the effort.
- Financing Student Achievement: Weighted, Portable, and Performance-Based Funding
- Managing competency-based learning: How achievement recognition systems will help schools manage matriculation when everyone moves at their own pace
- Getting ready for online assessment: should the testing consortia be more specific about device requirements or should they try to accommodate a variety of solutions (multiple browsers, tablets, etc).
- Instant feedback: getting your school, district, and state ready for big data.
- All the smart kids want to work in education–that’s great for startups, but how to existing edtech companies and districts take advantage of the talent influx?
- International models: a growing number of countries (e.g., Portugal, Korea, Turkey) are moving faster than most of these United States on the shift to digital learning.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.