The Getting Smart team enjoyed the iNACOL Virtual School Symposium (VSS) this last week in Indianapolis. Below, we’ve compiled a list of 10 ideas that caught our attention.
2. Parent and Student Involvement – Lori Gully at Florida Virtual School told us that the online learning provider is getting smart by involving parents and students in the state’s legislation process to support online and blended learning.
3. David Teeter – David is iNACOL’s new Director of Policy. With so many states planning their shift to digital learning, we need David’s help to develop policies that support online and blended learning!
4. More Scaled Providers – We saw more scaled providers like Primavera, the biggest high school in AZ, at VSS.
5. NROC Algebra 1 Course – We just thought this was cool! Math is a tough topic for educators to teach and students to grasp. We’re always interested in innovative ways that can improve math learning.
6. Brant Redd’s Discussion of Personalized Learning – This was a great session and we’re glad Brant is at the Gates Foundation!
7. Online Fitness – Carone Fitness, an online fitness program, gets kids moving and uses heart rate monitors to make sure they are moving.
8. Kristen Kipp’s Presentation – “Day in the Life of an Online Teacher” was a great presentation by Kristen, the national online teacher of the year!
9. Recycled Content Providers – Sell your company, come back and build next generation content.
10. Online Speech Therapy – Clay Whitehead at PresenceLearning told us that schools are getting smart by providing innovative, online speech therapy courses for students.