The shift to blended learning is getting a bit easier. Digital Learning Now! has provided a roadmap. New tools and schools show the way forward.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. This week Digital Learning Now! launched a Blended Learning Implementation Guide, the fifth paper in the DLN Smart Series. Tom and Carri shared their thoughts about the project on EdWeek, and DLN released a cool infographic to accompany the paper.
4. PBS LearningMedia released findings from a national survey of Pre K-12 teachers that provides a current snapshot of how teachers are utilizing technology in America’s classrooms.
6. DLN’s John Bailey and iNACOL’s Susan Patrick are teaming up for a webinar February 13, 2013 on “Federal and State Policy: What Is Needed for Digital Learning?”
Higher, Deeper, Further, Faster Learning
The Big “D”
8. The Gates and Carnegie funded Shared Learning Collaborative launched inBloom Inc., an Atlanta-based nonprofit provider of technology services aimed at connecting data, applications and people that work together to create better opportunities for students and educators.
Movers, Shakers & Ground-breakers
9. Public Impact announced the selection of four founding members of a national network of charter school organizations that will create an Opportunity Culture for teachers and extend the reach of excellent teachers to more students.
10. The Foundation for Excellence in Education (Excel in Ed) announced Lydia Logan is the new managing director of Chiefs for Change. Bonus: ICYMI, check out Tom’s Smart Cities post on Denver movers, shakers, and impact-makes.
Digital Learning Now! and MIND Research are a Getting Smart Advocacy Partners. Tom Vander Ark is a director at iNACOL.