Research Shows Just How Connected Today’s Kids Are to Technology
K5 Learning Blog, a blog by the online reading and math program K5 Learning that follows educational issues with advocacy for parent involvement, recently reported that a number of studies have highlighted how connected and digitally tuned in kids are today to technology.
The reports showed the following interesting and fun facts:
- More than half of two- to four-year-olds use a computer.
- A quarter of kids go online by age three and half are there by age five.
- Nine percent of Toddlers between ages two and five can tie their shoes laces, while 19 percent of them can work a smartphone app. More of them can open a web browser than swim unaided.
- Children ages 8 to 18 spend on average 7 hours and 38 minutes using entertainment media.
- As they multitask, kids pack 10 hours and 48 minutes worth of media content into those roughly 7.5 hours.
View the “nuggets” of facts delivered by the K5 Learning Blog team in the Prezi below:
The facts in this Prezi are from the following reports:
- Zero to Eight: Children’s Media Use in America
- Generation M2: Media in the Lives of 8- to 18-Year-Olds
- Families Matter: Designing Media for a Digital Age
- Today’s E-Moms: Engaged, Enabled, Entertained
View the original post “Our Kids Are Using More Digital Devices for Longer Than Ever.”
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.