How Are You Celebrating Digital Learning Day 2017?
Digital technology helps educators re-imagine learning and teaching in new and different ways, and schools around the world are undergoing a transformation with its use in classrooms.
Started in 2012, the annual Digital Learning Day celebration provides educators an opportunity to collaborate with peers and share ideas, try out new digital tools, celebrate education innovation and play a role in the transformation of their own schools and communities.
Digital Learning Day 2017 is one week from today–Thursday, February 23. How are you planning to celebrate? Here are a few resources and ideas for you:
- Learn More. Never participated in Digital Learning Day or need some inspiration for this year’s event? Visit the official website now for more information on getting started, or register and watch the Digital Learning Day Webinar on the day of the event.
- Register Your Event. Once you’ve decided on what you’re doing, you can register your event and add it to the map showing all of the places around the world joining in to celebrate.
- Find Resources. Digital Learning Day partnered with Participate Learning this year to promote its free collection and collaboration platform that lets teachers find, collect and share digital resources. You can also search a list of online resources here.
- Plan Digital Lessons. You can view several short videos produced by educators sharing ideas on fun interactive lessons to implement with their suggested digital tools.
- Join The Buzz. Be sure to check out @OfficialDLDay on Twitter and @DigitalLearningDay on Facebook for updates and more ideas as the day gets closer, and tag them in any messages using these handles along with #DLDay. You can find graphics to use in your messages here.
Check out the latest Twitter buzz here:
For more, see:
- The FCC Adds to the Digital Learning Day Celebration
- Happy Digital Learning Day!
- Why Digital Learning Day Should Be a Global Initiative
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.