It’s peak summer announcement season. Both ISTE and NCSC are in full swing. ISTE unveiled its new Standards for Students this week–created by more than 2,700 people (including approximately 300 students) from 52 countries–as a blueprint for innovative educators worldwide to guide education transformation and meaningful, future-ready learning.
NewSchools Venture Fund released a final report for the $40 million DC Schools Fund yielding 14,000 high quality student options and announced a harbormaster spinout, Education Forward DC led by uber-talented Maura Mario.
Read on to see what other announcements topped this week’s list.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. Discovering Techbook Updates
— Emily Keith (@EKDiscoveryEd) June 27, 2016
2. Amazon Gets Inspired to #GoOpen (check out our blog on this here)
3. Digital Museum Resources
— SmithsonianEducation (@SmithsonianEdu) June 26, 2016
4. ClassLink Links to Mackin Educational Resources
5. Microsoft + edX = Online EdLeader PD
6. New Google Tools for Teachers
— Stacey Roshan (@buddyxo) June 27, 2016
Dollars & Deals
7. Learn Coding Through Minecraft
The Big “D”
8. Pearson Realize Powers Mix & Match Curriculum
— Francois Guite (@FrancoisGuite) June 28, 2016
Movers, Shakers & Groundbreakers
9. Top U.S. Charter School Award
10. iNACOL Accepting Innovator Award Nominations
— iNACOL (@nacol) June 27, 2016
For more, see:
- Get Inspired To #GoOpen
- How Do We Prepare Teachers to Teach Coding?
- Using Exploratory Projects, Minecraft and Storytelling for Personalized World Language Learning
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.