It’s official: it’s 2018. After a long year, and a short holiday break to send it off, we’re nonetheless excited to begin another year of working to improve access to high-quality learning experiences for students everywhere.
If you’re finding yourself struggling to get your brain running at full speed after consuming your bodyweight in festive meals over the last week or two, it might be worth your while to take a look over our top 10 posts from last year–they’re sure to get the engine turned over. We’ll even make it super easy for you! Here they are:
- 100 Middle and High Schools Worth Visiting
- 8 Things To Look For in a Student-Centered Learning Environment
- What is Curriculum? From Managed Instruction to Personalized Learning
- Education Hashtags for Teachers and EdLeaders
- Can’t-Miss Conferences in 2018
- 10 Reasons Why Lifelong Learning is the Only Option
- What is Place-Based Ed, and Why Does It Matter?
- The Future of Skills: Employment in 2030
- 5 New Teaching Methods Improving Education
- Preparing to Lead in a Project-Based World
If you’re stumped trying to think of ideas for next steps and new things to try this year (we know, we know, who are we kidding–this is you, after all), try checking out what your colleagues are up to over at #EdChat–you’re sure to find some inspiration, and maybe even a new friend for your PLN!
No matter where you’re at or how you’re feeling at the prospect of a new year, we’re glad you’re here to join us. For an idea of where we’re headed this year, check out our 2018 Editorial Calendar, and consider sharing your ideas with us.
We look forward to seeing where the next 12 months take us.
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update.