Smart List: 20 Learning Platforms
Getting Smart is acknowledging people and organizations making a difference with the second annual Smart Lists. During October and November you’ll see about 20 ‘Best of’ lists, not in order, not exhaustive, just people we appreciate doing innovative work.
Today we’re recognizing 20 platform providers who deserve a round of applause.
Comprehensive Platforms (LMS & content)
- American Academy: dropout recovery
- Amplify: a smart tablet bundle
- Apex: high school courses and new blended tutorials solution
- Connections Learning: K-12 courses on Connexus platform #
- Edgenuity: powers Carpe Diem’s secondary blend
- Pearson’s Grad Point: NovaNet & FLVS content #
- FuelEd: big catalog of courses and new platform #
- SevenStar: a Christian perspective
- Edmentum: Plato Courseware
- Fidelis: learning relationship platform
- Agilix: maker of Brainhoney, Buzz, and xLi solution (see feature) #
- Blackboard: higher ed leader; owns Angel and Moodlerooms
- Desire to Learn: more higher ed than K-12 penetration
- Edmodo: leader in social learning plus formative assessment *
- Education Elements: blended learning management
- Canvas by Instructure: leading higher ed platform, hosts open courses on Canvas.net #
- Moodle: open learning management system
- OpenClass: open LMS with lots of OER
- Schoology: LMS with collaborative tools
- Haiku learning: lightweight LMS with Google integration
- Learning.com: Curriculum Foundry organizes content #
This Smart List was published in partnership with Getting Smart Services. Getting Smart provides advocacy, advisory, consulting and public relations services to turn ideas into impact. We help for-profit and non-profit organizations construct cohesive and forward-thinking strategies for branding, awareness, advancement and communications.
* Learn Capital Partner, # Getting Smart Partner, ** Board member or Advisor
Thank you for recognizing Sevenstar as an innovator. You made our day! If there were a category for excellent reporting on the future of education, Getting Smart would get our nomination. We appreciate all the info and insights your share on digital learning!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.