We benefitted from tons of great research, content and work from others in the field. Check out the links and references mentioned in the publication.
Discover the latest in learning innovations
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
- Five Tips to Creating Equitable Learning Ecosystems
- Town Hall Recap: The Great Education Unbundling and Rebundling
- The Great Education Unbundling and How Learning Will be Rebundled
- Choose to Learn
- Baratunde on How to Citizen
- Richard Culatta on Digital For Good: Raising Kids To Thrive in an Online World
- Competency-Based Education Across America
- High Demand for Durable Skills
- McKinsey Skills
- World Economic Forum Skills
- Future Skills for the 2020s
- Profile of a South Carolina Graduate Competency Framework
- Utah Portrait of a Graduate Competencies
- Essential Citizenship Competencies
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility Competencies
- Core Competencies in Civic Engagement
- Difference Making Podcast: Tom Vander Ark on Difference Making and Schools Alive With Possibility
- Difference Making Town Hall Recap: Difference Making and Purpose-Based Learning
- Students From the Knowledge Society on Making the World a Better Place
- Menu of College and Career-Ready Demonstrations
- How Better Transcripts Will Improve College Admissions, Employment, and Licensing
- Kiko Suarez on Comprehensive Learner Records
- How to Ensure Learning and Employment Records are Designed With and For Learners
- Three Ways Web3 Will Change Education For Good
- Town Hall Recap: What On Earth is a Metaverse?
- What Web3 Means for the Future of Education
- What Can Decentralized Organizations Accomplish in Education?
- Project Unicorn Releases New K12 Data Interoperability Report: What it Means for Classroom Educators
- Some Assembly Required
- Communities Creating Their Own Schools
- The Innovative Models Exchange
- Elevating Real-World Learning
- Work-Based Learning Ecosystems: Improving Opportunity for All
- Learn Everywhere: A State-by-State Breakdown
- Whose Learning Counts? State Actions to Value Skills from Outside the Classroom
- Holt: Under New Pilot Program, Tutoring Providers Will Get Paid Only If Students Succeed. It Could Change How Districts and Vendors Do Business
Challenges and Recommendations
The good news is that solutions already exist in the ecosystem and they just need to be combined and scaled... the bad news is that this is complex work.