Learner Experience: We design and create highly engaging and collaborative learning experiences. We work with schools and districts, nonprofits and businesses to meet their unique learner experience needs.
- Listen and gather information from the client
- Understand the context of the learning event
- Iterate and collaboratively craft learning experiences
- Use flexibility and creativity to solve problems
- Create engaging, high-tech content
- Utilize high-touch solutions
- Learn from our clients and from one another by receiving and acting on feedback in real time
- Transform chaos into clarity; we work under time constraints and do great work
Professional Development, Workshop Development, Facilitation & Implementation
- Personalized professional development includes the design of workshops and learning experiences for convenings, events, conferences, gatherings or learning engagements
- Modules including online, blended and in person personalized professional development
Convenings, Conferences, & Learning Engagements
- Personalized and customized design and facilitation services
- Customized high tech and engaging content
- In person, online and blended options available tailored to meet needs of client and stakeholders
- Create, facilitate, plan, support and promote learning experiences, events, workshops, sessions and conferences
- Deliver highly engaging keynotes and speak on panels at conferences across the United States
- Lead online events such as webinars and Twitter chats
- Provide speaker coaching
- Tom Vander Ark delivers keynotes and dynamic sessions at learning engagements across the United States. Check out a few videos on his bio page.
- Getting Smart interviewed thought leaders, then designed and facilitated a two day learning experience for 20+ national education leaders at a Seattle philanthropic organization, resulting in this report, 25 Impact Opportunities in U.S. K-12 Education.
- Getting Smart staffers have led workshops and webinars to a variety of groups ranging from administrators to teachers. They cover a variety of topics including school model design and development, next-generation advisories, blended learning implementation, parenting for powerful learning, college and career readiness, scaling personalization, student data and learner profiles, competency-based learning, deeper learning for teachers and leaders, and social media, blogging and communications.
What People are Saying
- “Thank you for all of your support, both in the planning and implementation of our Symposium. Your insights and commitment to our success is greatly appreciated and you helped us provide a truly outstanding experience for those who were able to attend – and even to those who could not physically be present.”- Bruce Friend, Chief Operating Officer, iNACOL
- “I cannot thank each of you enough for an incredibly rewarding Academy course unit. We were so pleased with your engagement and with the thoughtful planning and execution of course activities, lessons, and discussion. The personal and professional connections you brought to the group were second to none.” – Executive Leadership Academy, Nevada
- “Tom’s presentation inspired great thinking and discussion…Tom ensured that his remarks were relevant to our school and the education context in Houston.” – Houston A+ Challenge Speaker Series
- “Everything Bonnie did was great. She was engaging, was spot on with the topic and need, she engaged the audience, she made sure it was relevant to the needs of our audience. She did a fantastic job!” – Blended Learning Leaders Forum
For more information on Getting Smart’s professional learning services, please contact Bonnie Lathram.