We’re looking for someone to lead our communications strategy and implementation work.
Timeline: Hiring Immediately
Location: Fully Remote
Title: Communication Manager
Salary: Starting at $75,000
Getting Smart Collective is seeking someone who is motivated by challenge, passionate about innovations in learning and committed to individual and team growth. We’re looking for someone who is a:
- Learner. We want someone to join who is excited about the opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge and skill set, even when it is outside of their comfort zone.
- Impact-Player. We look for opportunities and areas to serve and remain agile both in thoughts and action. We are accountable for what we say we’ll do; we are looking for someone who has the ability to play different roles and do the job that’s needed.
- Creator. We all create in different ways, and we are looking for someone with a strong ability to write, create and curate in multiple modalities
- Design Thinker. We believe in, and practice, an iterative design process that is rooted in a human-centered approach.
- Creative Organizer. We often consider ourselves professional plate spinners. At any given time our team members are managing multiple projects. This requires organization and an ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Hybrid. We hope you will be fluent in the worlds of learning and business and passionate about human development.
Our ideal candidate is someone interested in working at the intersection of community building, communication and social media engagement.
This person is strategic and views each of Getting Smart’s channels as a part of the broader Getting Smart whole, amplifying both Getting Smart’s advocacy efforts (campaigns, blogs, podcasts, grantees) and advisory efforts (growing lines of business, promoting speaking events and workshops, etc.). They use data to make decisions in rapid prototyping and strive to find the right balance of marketing content to services. This person supports the full content development cycle at Getting Smart as all forms of content flow through the planning, publishing and promotion stages.
This person also works alongside partners in communication and marketing-specific engagements that leverage our channels for sharing. This person is often interested in attending or amplifying conferences, engaging our audience through channels or community efforts and has a knack for original content. A detailed overview of the role can be found below:
- Social Media & Community Engagement: Lead and manage social media content development, growth, engagement and creative design across all platforms and communities. Find new ways to engage and expand our audience.
- Content Pipeline: Support the content cycle of planning, publishing and promotion. This includes managing the pipeline of publication for blog content, advising on storytelling and content for projects and campaigns, and authoring content.
- Newsletter: This person writes and oversees the Getting Smart Smart Update and helps to create newsletter initiatives that better engage, grow, and activate Getting Smart’s wide-reaching newsletter audience. This will include working with the Getting Smart team to identify and deliver short-form written content, developing and iterating upon pre-existing email funnels and more.
- Promotion: Manage and implement sharing and promotion strategies for blogs, publications, podcasts, books and other content. This includes the drafting of launch kits, social media strategies and outreach. This person will work alongside external partners to spread Getting Smart’s voice to other platforms (other podcasts, publications, etc.)
- Design: Manage and create graphics for blog posts, social media, campaigns and other team requests that elevate and maintain Getting Smart’s visual brand.
- Content Development: Aside from editing blogs, newsletters, etc. this person is interested in learning more about storytelling and publishing, and will write original content for GettingSmart.com.
- Growth: Set and manage ambitious, meaningful targets across channels to better understand our reach, engagement, and impact and routinely adjust tactics and investment levels to grow our reach and impact. Analyze social and audience data, develop and share insights, and recommend and implement new ways to optimize existing and future initiatives.
- Brand Development: Help shape and hone Getting Smart’s unique brand voice through social media and audience engagement. Work alongside the Creative Director to support brand management.
- Campaign and Client Work: Participates in client communication and content strategy projects, work with the Advocacy team to develop future campaigns, and develop and execute integrated promotion plans for major campaigns.
- Project Management: This person has strong project management skills and an ability to work within multiple timelines on multiple projects while communicating well about deadlines, deliverables and expectations.
Finding the “right fit” includes a variety of elements beyond the basics. Can you say yes to most of these statements?
- I believe a diverse workplace improves work product and culture;
- I value self agency and advocacy, I ask for what I need;
- I have the ability to manage multiple timelines and priorities;
- I am comfortable in a digital and remote working environment;
- I enjoy working with a team but can also work independently;
- I am resourceful and curious; and
- I am passionate about education, marketing and communications, and lifelong learning.
Total compensation for this role is market-driven, including a base salary of $75,000. Some travel is required pending local safety and health guidelines. In addition to a competitive salary, Getting Smart Collective offers:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance. Getting Smart Collective covers the majority of the employee’s premiums.
- Flexible time off policy. Getting Smart Collective believes that employees should have the freedom to manage their work and personal obligations as they see fit.
- Retirement plan with company match. Managed 401k matching plan available after the first month of hire.
- Comfortable remote working. Getting Smart will ensure your technology needs are met to successfully work from home and offers a technology stipend to help cover internet and cell phone costs.
- Professional development opportunities including conference attendance, in-person team retreats and working sessions.
About Getting Smart Collective
As a nonprofit and advocacy organization, Getting Smart Collective (formerly eduInnovation) has been designing and executing campaigns and initiatives for over ten years. Our work is centered around innovations in learning (New Pathways and AskAboutAI), workforce development (GenDIY and Smart Cities), and purposeful learning (Difference Making, Power of Place, Smart Parents). We help individuals, companies and organizations build thought leadership, amplify impact and extend reach, and partner with learning companies and organizations to drive a dramatic shift to powerful learning experiences for all.
Our media channel, GettingSmart.com is a community of learners, leaders and contributors that cover important events, trends, products and publications across K-12, early, post-secondary education and lifelong learning opportunities. For more information on our company, see our about page. To learn more about our impact, see this report.
Getting Smart Collective is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision. For more information, please view our equity statement.