Are you an organized, great communicator who loves logistics? This must be the place…
We are no longer accepting applications for our Administrative Coordinator position. Check back again for other opportunities
Getting Smart, a learning design firm focused on the future of education, is looking for a new team member focused on supporting our team in an administrative capacity. We are seeking someone who is motivated by challenge, passionate about innovations in learning and committed to individual and team growth.
We welcome and encourage all applicants and are actively seeking to work with and amplify people of color, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, veterans and others. We believe in leading by example and aim to reflect and drive a diverse educational landscape that encourages acceptance, growth, continuous learning and a focus on positive impact for youth.
We’re looking for someone who is a:
- Learner: Our team is a group of lifelong learners. We want someone to join who is excited about the opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge and skill set. Even when it is outside of their comfort zone.
- Leader: Everyone on our team has an opportunity to lead–from presenting insights and ideas to inform internal work, to leading projects with our partners.
- Creative Organizer: It takes a special person to be in a support role and this one is no different. It requires the ability to anticipate needs, learn preferences, and search for efficiencies to improve someone’s workflow or day. We’re looking for a problem solver, doer, and self starter that doesn’t mind being in a “behind the scenes role” that keeps the ship running. This requires organization and an ability to self manage time and priorities.
- Design Thinker: Someone who demonstrates the grit and perseverance to try new things and take projects and tasks from ideation to completion.
We are looking for someone with a passion for supporting others and experience working in an administrative support role. Finding the “right fit” includes a variety of elements beyond the basics. Can you say yes to most of these statements?
- I believe a diverse workplace improves work product and culture;
- I value self agency and advocacy, I ask for what I need;
- I enjoy maintaining calendars and schedules;
- I have experience managing complex travel booking;
- I have the ability to manage multiple timelines and priorities;
- I have experience using programs such as Slack, Asana and Google Suite;
- I am comfortable in a digital and remote working environment;
- I enjoy working with a team but can also work independently;
- I am resourceful and curious; and
- I am passionate about education and lifelong learning.
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years relevant work experience for the role of Administrative Coordinator at Getting Smart. This position will:
- Provide full administrative support to our CEO, President, and Vice Presidents including scheduling, logistics management and project coordination support
- Provide administrative support to our full team such as scheduling and meeting support
- Manage travel arrangements including booking flights, hotels and transportation
- Ensure high quality communication between all staff members
- Honor diversity of thought demonstrated by openness to and acceptance of ideas from others
- Support event logistics for school field trips, speaking engagements, conferences and events
- Support the implementation and refinement of processes and systems that allow for an efficient digital workplace
- Adhere to a positive, culturally responsive work environment that honors the unique lived experience of each staff member
Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a salary starting at $65,000. In addition to a competitive salary, Getting Smart offers:
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance. Getting Smart covers the majority of the employee’s premiums.
- Flexible time off policy. Getting Smart believes that employees should have the freedom to manage their work and personal obligations as they see fit.
- Retirement plan with company match. This goes into effect after one year of employment.
- Comfortable remote working. Getting Smart will ensure your technology needs are met to successfully work from home and offers a technology stipend to help cover internet and cell phone costs.
- Professional development opportunities. Attend conferences, in-person team retreats and working sessions.
Getting Smart is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.