The International Association for K12 Online Learning (iNACOL) has evolved into a leading voice around online, blended and competency education. And every year it holds an annual Symposium for those interested in advancing powerful, personalized, learner-centered experiences and shaping the future of K-12 education.
Last year our team was lucky enough to attend the Symposium to coordinate the Voices Hub, where we recorded attendees’ thoughts on education for our podcast. Knowing that there are so many professional development opportunities out there to choose from, we decided to take an impromptu poll to find out why these attendees chose the Symposium in particular, what they feel sets this event apart from others and what their takeaways were.
So here is a collection of several education leaders’ voices sharing their Symposium experience:
The Symposium attendees who generously agreed to share their voices on this podcast include (in order of voices):
- (Opening quote) Dr. Shelle Schlosser: Non-Traditional Programs Coordinator, Agua Fria Union High School District, Avondale, Arizona
- Jesse Moyer: Director of State Advocacy and Research, Knowledgeworks
- Eric Nentrup: Director of K-12 Solutions, Alma
- Betsy Hardy: Distance Learning Coordinator, Cattaraugus-Allegany BOCES
- Michael Golden: CEO, Educurious
- Barbara Bray: Co-Founder of Personalized Learning, LLC
- Kira Keane: Partner, The Learning Accelerator
- Robert Behning: Chair of the Indiana House Education Committee,
- Justin Thompson: Sixth Grade Center House/Associate Principal, Red Oak ISD, Red Oak, Texas
- Terrence Davis: Leader in Residence, Hayward Leadership Public Schools, Hayward, CA
- Lyndsi Smith: Assistant Principal, Bon Air Elementary Schools, Kokomo, IN
For more, see:
- Getting Smart Podcast | The Voices of Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Advancing Human Potential: The Power of Personalized Learning
- 3,500 Educators Committed to Innovation for Equity
Stay in-the-know with all things EdTech and innovations in learning by signing up to receive the weekly Smart Update. This post includes mentions of a Getting Smart partner. For a full list of partners, affiliate organizations and all other disclosures please see our Partner page.