The Federation of American Scientists was never on my radar when it came to education reform, because I had always seen them as an advisory council to government development work. But after doing some digging, I’ve unearthed a few items that are definitely worth teachers’ time, when it comes to looking for new ways to teach STEM to kids.
They are launching Immune Attack, a game where the student works to combat viruses and save the human body. If you are a teacher, you can even download a copy of the game as a walkthrough. Here are the complete walkthrough instructions. Please download, with our compliments.
The FAS is also working in open source on its other game, called I Betcha!. This is apparently a physics game that works a little like a game show. You can download a complete information packet here.
The White House is actively challenging game developers to develop STEM-focused interactive games to help students become among the world’s best in science, technology, engineering and math. And many developers are engaged actively in creating online gaming methods to do this. We have talked to a few of the developers who are rising to the White House challenge, and we will be highlighting their work shortly. In some cases, we already have, but we are not yet allowed to say who they are. Stay tuned.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Heavy Rain: The Taxidermist Walkthrough (brighthub.com)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood gameplay walkthrough readies us for more assassinating (joystiq.com)
- Thinking out of the (x)Box: Gaming to expand horizons in creative writing (edu.blogs.com)
- Games and costs for medical education (zdnet.com)
- Dan Norton: Filament Games (edreformer.com)
- Tabula Digita Applies Its Educational Gaming Expertise to a New Subject Area: Introduces the New DimensionL Literacy Video Game (eon.businesswire.com)
- New Tool Combines Serious Game Technology with Training to Improve Student Learning (eon.businesswire.com)
- The History of Headshots, Gaming’s Favorite Act Of Unreal Violence [Gun Week] (kotaku.com)
- Assassin’s Creed walkthrough, serious business voice over (destructoid.com)