Resources: White Papers & Reports
Digital Learning Now! Smart Series:
- Funding the Shift to Digital Learning: Three Strategies for Funding Sustainable High-Access Environments by John Bailey, Tom Vander Ark, Carri Schneider
- Data Backpacks: Portable Records & Learner Profiles by John Bailey, Tom Vander Ark, Carri Shneider, and Samuel Casey Carter
- A Natural Primer On K-12 Online Learning, Version 2 by Matthew Wicks, Matthew Wicks & Associates
- Blended Learning: The Convergence of Online and Face-to-Face Education by John Watson and Evergreen Consulting Associates
- Classifying K-12 Blended Learning by Heather Staker and Michael B. Horn
- Clearing the Path: Creating Innovation Space for Serving Over-Age, Under-Credited Students in Competency-Based Pathways by Chris Sturgis, Bob Rath, Ephraim Weisstein and Susan Patrick
- Configuration of a Competency-Based Information System by Heather Staker
- Education 2.0: A Catalog of Innovation by iLearn Project
A catalog of schools and program that show how technology can increase students’ academic opportunities and increase success worldwide.
- Funding the Shift to Digital Learning: Three Strategies for Funding Sustainable High-Access Environments by John Bailey, Tom Vander Ark and Carri Schneider
- How Digital Learning Contributes to Deeper Learning by Carri Schneider and Tom Vander Ark
- Keeping Pace with K-12 Online Learning: An Annual Review of Policy and Practice (2012) by John Watson, Lauren Vashaw, and Chriss Rapp
- Keeping Pace with K-12 Online Learning by John Watson Amy Murin, Lauren Vashaw, Butch Gemin and Chris Rapp
- Learning Returns: Impact Investing at the Education Turning Point by Josh Cohen, Jamie Daves and Tom Vander Ark
- Measuring Quality From Inputs to Outcomes: Creating Student Learning Performance Metrics and Quality Assurance for Online Schools by Susan Patrick, Matthew Wicks, and John Watson
- Moving from inputs to outputs to outcomes by Michael B. Horn and Katherine Mackey
This report discusses how the shift to online and blended learning creates a more student-centric environment that improves performance outcomes.
- Opportunity at the Top: How America’s Best Teachers Could Close the Gaps, Raise the Bar, and Keep Our Nation Great by Bryan C. Hassel and Emily Ayscue Hassel
- Private Capital and Public Education: Toward Equity at Scale by Tom Vander Ark
- The Online Learning Imperative: A Solution to Three Looming Crises in Education by Governor Bob Wise with assistance from Robert Rothma
- The Rise of K-12 Blended Learning by Michael B. Horn and Heather Staker
This report, which was the first of its kind, talks about how online and blended learning is sweeping America in positive and productive ways.
- The Rise of K-12 Blended Learning, Version 2 by Heather Staker
This is the follow-up report to “The rise of K-12 blended learning” that provides 40 profiles of emerging blended learning models.
- Transforming American Education: Learning Powered by Technology by the U.S. Department of Education
- When Success Is the Only Option: Designing Competency-Based Pathways for Next Generation Learning by Chris Sturgis and Susan Patrick
- Viewpoint: Authorizing Online Learning by Susan Patrick and Tom Vander Ark
- Viewpoint: Differenciated Charter Authorizing Strategies for Innovation, Scale and Quality by Tom Vander Ark
Return to the Resources page.