Here’s 9 reasons that this will be a great decade for edupreneurs.
- new money foundations focused on new school development
- a multiplying horde of venture/private equity investors interested in disruptive learning technology
- a small but growing number of impact funds investing for return and social impact
- mature engines of social entrepreneurship (TFA, NLNS, New Schools, CSGF)
- a generation of young people interested in edu (including lots of business school students) that can’t find jobs elsewhere
- a charter friendly administration and grant program (RttT) that dramatically increased the national charter opportunity
- the explosion of online learning, cheap access devices, nearly ubiquitous broadband, and powerful application development platforms creating potential for a new generation of virtual and blended schools
- a growing consumer learning space
- the press for learning in India and China which is creating opportunities there and innovations that will be imported into the US
I’m sure I missed something. What’s #10?